Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Radical

Love this book!

My husband and I have just finished reading Chapter 6. So far this book sounds a lot like the conversations we have had over our first few years of marriage and a lot of the questions presented in the book are ideas I have been wrestling with and thinking through for years. The book also reminds me of another life changing book on making disciples called Tally Ho The Fox! (The Foundation for Building World-Visionary, World-Impacting, Reproducing Disciples) .

Let me just start by saying you need to read the book! It took me about a year to read it from the first time someone told me to read it, so don't follow my example. Read it now!

The Christian life is supposed to be radical, not comfortable. The Christ of the bible was Radical. The disciples were Radical. And Christ followers today are supposed to be Radical as well. We all have become very comfortable in our easy American Christianity, myself included. Most of the time we don't even realize that many of our views on church, making disciples, and money come from culture  (even, or especially church culture) and not the bible. If you desire to live a life completely sold out to the mandate of Christ to make disciples this book is for you. If you are pretty comfortable in the type of Christianity that just involves going to church on Sunday and throwing some money in the offering basket, this book is for you!

This book is for all of us! Oh Lord, help us to take back our faith from the American Dream!!!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a quote I love; “A religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things, never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation.” -The Prophet Joseph Smith

    ReplyDelete