Sunday, January 11, 2015

Hymn Study using Spotify




If you're looking for a Hymn Study you've come to the right place. Whether you plan to home school or after school or just need some tools for teaching great hymns to your kids, an organized plan for a hymn study is very helpful.  Or if you just enjoy listening to great hymns you will find my spotify channels wonderful!

We plan to use a mix of classical and Charlotte Mason style homeschooling. Charlotte Mason was BIG on hymn study, but even before we stumbled upon the amazingness of Charlotte Mason, I was convinced to teach my kids hymns, because hymns are absolutely rich and full of theology and I love them! Really, I would much prefer to sing hymns any day, than some of the shallow, repetitive lyrics that are modern day worship songs, but I digress...

Below you will find my complete list of Hymns for 6 Hymn Cycles. We will repeat the cycles until all the kids have graduated or left home. I also have a corresponding spotify playlist for each one, as well as a spotify playlist with all hymns. Feel free to use whatever is helpful to you!!!  We plan on doing a hymn study as part of our Sunday night family devotions, along with the New City Catechism and a Missions Moment. 

You can follow my pinterest board: http://www.pinterest.com/chalbond/hymn-study/

Here are some good hymn sites for further information on each hymn:
http://www.popularhymns.com/
http://www.hymnary.org/
http://www.songsandhymns.org/hymns/

Here is my Spotify:http://open.spotify.com/user/12171574112



  1. Holy, Holy, Holy
  2. Jesus Paid it All
  3. My Jesus I Love Thee
  4. Take My Life and Let it Be
  5. Come Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy
  6. Solid Rock
  7. I Need Thee Every Hour
  8. Satisfied
  9. Christmas Hymns
  10. Lent Hymns

  1. Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee
  2. Amazing Grace
  3. Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul
  4. Because He Lives
  5. When Trials Come
  6. Arise My Soul
  7. How Deep The Father’s Love
  8. Day by Day
  9. Christmas Hymns
  10. Lent Hymns

  1. A Mighty Fortress
  2. Be Thou My Vision
  3. There is a Fountain
  4. What a Friend We Have in Jesus
  5. Be Still My Soul
  6. O the Deep Deep Love
  7. Jesus Lover of My Soul
  8. His Eye is on the Sparrow
  9. Christmas Hymns
  10. Lent Hymns

  1. He Will Hold Me Fast
  2. Savior Like a Shepherd
  3. Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow
  4. Blessed Assurance
  5. Facing a Task Unfinished
  6. It Is Well
  7. All Hail the Power of Jesus Name
  8. I’ll Fly Away
  9. Christmas Hymns
  10. Lent Hymns

  1. Come Thou Fount
  2. Immortal, Invisible God Only Wise  
  3. O How He Loves you and Me
  4. Out of My Bondage, Sorrow, and Night
  5. All Creatures of Our God and King
  6. I Surrender All
  7. Stand Amazed in His Presence
  8. In Christ Alone
  9. Christmas Hymns
  10. Lent Hymns
  11.  
  12.  

  1. And Can it Be
  2. Great is Thy Faithfulness
  3. Rock of Ages
  4. How Great Thou Art
  5. On Jordan’s Stormy Banks
  6. O Love that Will Not Let me Go
  7. Before the Throne of God Above
  8. Fairest Lord Jesus
  9. Christmas Hymns
  10. Lent Hymns
  11.  
  12.  


Joy to the World
Away in a Manger
Go Tell It on the Mountain
Silent Night
Little Drummer Boy
Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus
What Child is This

Jesus Paid It All
Nothing But the Blood
There is a Fountain
Were You There
Christ Arose!
In Christ Alone
How Deep the Father’s Love
The Power of the Cross
I Stand Amazed
Power in the Blood
O How He Loves You and Me
Grace Greater than All Our Sin

Creation Sings
Still My Soul Be Still
My Worth is Not in What I Own
Lift High the Name of Jesus
Compassion Hymn
Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer
Across the Lands
Beneath the Cross
Christ Has Risen
Joy Has Dawned
Resurrection Hymn
Holy Spirit, Living Breath of God
Facing a Task Unfinished
Salvation's Song
The Lord is My Salvation
Living Water
For the Cause
What Grace is Mine

His Eye is on the Sparrow
Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee
For the Beauty of the Earth
This is My Father’s World
Fairest Lord Jesus
Creation Sings the Father’s Song
All Things Bright and Beautiful
How Great Thou Art


2018-2019- Blessed Assurance, What Child is This, Immortal Invisible God Only Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment