Sunday, June 21, 2015

Blog Name Change. From "Memphis Misfit Mama" to "By His Grace, For His Glory"

When I started this blog several years back when my oldest was a baby, I very much wore the identity of a "misfit mama". While I still feel very much like a "misift", I have more or less come into my own and now I just am what I am. I really truly desire to only be identified as being IN Christ. In a way, this means I am still a "misfit" in many ways, since simply being a follower of Christ is looked at as unacceptable by many in our culture. But I digress....

I am not mainly just writing about "misfit mama" things anymore, but all sorts of other things too. I hope that whatever I write about will be done with the intention to give Christ glory as I live by HIS GRACE. I will likely write about homeschooling since that is about to take up most of my time starting this fall. I also will probably still write about different "natural parenting" subjects from time to time. But I feel that what I will probably write about the most is whatever the Lord is burdening my heart about at the time.

I care deeply about challenging the body of Christ to be discerning and to test everything against Scripture. I love studying about theology and doctrinal issues, but I want it to be a help to others anytime I study, so I may share what I am learning on here if it can be beneficial for others. I also care deeply about those that don't know Christ investigating Him and seeking Him through the Scriptures. I am passionate about biblical counseling and I am currently pursuing training and certification in biblical counseling. I am passionate about certain parenting issues and topics so I am sure that will show up from time to time as well. Basically I really don't have a set agenda to what I will be writing here, and that's how I want it to stay. It will be eclectic and random. I may post three times in one week and then not post again for a year. Feel free to check in as you like, or subscribe via email so you don't have to check in, and you won't miss anything. :)

So that's that in a nutshell.

Most of all, I pray this blog can be a reflection of what I desire to do with my life... live BY HIS GRACE and FOR HIS GLORY.

No comments:

Post a Comment