Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Favorite Board Books

My baby girl and I LOVE to read. I love children's books and love reading to her. Since she was a newborn books have helped calm her down when she was fussy, at least for a minute. :) When she got bigger she would sit in our lap and let us read to her for long periods of time. Then she started turning the pages on her own, and now she just likes to read a few pages before grabbing the book and "reading" to herself. Here are some of her (and my) favorite board books.

This was her favorite for a long time and it is still my favorite. It features kids from different countries and has a different language on the side of each page that says "for God so loved the world" and in the back it has the phonetics just in case you can't read Japanese or Chinese characters. :)










LOVE Karen Katz books, especially all her lift the flap books. Our favorites are Where Is Baby's Belly Button? and Where is Baby's Mommy?  If I could afford to buy all of her books right now, I would! That is how much I love them.











Also LOVE all of the Peekaboo books by DK. Baby girl loves opening the flaps and there aren't very many words so I can usually read a whole page before she grabs the book so that's a plus too!  Other Peekaboo books we love are Rainbow Colors (Dk Peekaboo) and Peekaboo Dress Up (Touch-And-Feel Action Flap Book)









Love Eric Carle books as well. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader is a classic that every baby needs. We also love The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Check out this other board book gift set too. Eric Carle's Very Little Library He is another author I would buy all the books for.










We got this book through the Imagination Station program here in TN started by Dolly Parton. Each month your baby gets a free book until they are five years old. This is one of the books and so far our favorite. Very simply with adorable pictures of baby animals.










We also love Veggie Tales board books. They are several that are very basic with minimal words and bright and colorful pictures that baby girl loves!












I love buying books for baby girl and I would love to hear what your favorite board books are. Please share! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my children LOVE Eric Carle books! We even did an "Eric Carle" day once where we read all his books we had and made tissue paper art. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete