Friday, March 11, 2011

Why Misfit Mama?

According to the World English Dictionary a misfit can be defined as "a person not suited in behavior or attitude to a particular social environment" and "something that does not fit or fits badly". 

Well, I often feel like a misfit in this world, especially as a mom. I just don't fit in anywhere, or at least that is how I feel.

In the world of Christian moms I just don't fit the norm. I ascribe to a different parenting philosophy and style that most Christian moms, especially in the South.

In the world of attachment parenting moms and natural parenting moms, I just don't fit the norm. I am very conservative in most of my views and I follow Jesus, which is different than most other AP moms.

In the world of Southerners, I just don't fit the norm. I am very proud to NOT be Southern and I love my Midwestern roots. I have not mastered the art of entertaining and I don't love smocking, which is very popular among my Southern friends.

In the world of Midwesterners, I just don't fit the norm. Although I am proud to be from the Midwest I have now lived in the South for 10 years and am much more "southern" than most Midwesterners.

And most of all, I just don't fit in because this is not my home. Heaven is my home and I am odd and weird to most people.

So you see, I am definitely a misfit mama, and I reside in Memphis, so I present myself to you as...

Memphis Misfit Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment