Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Favorite Memphis Restaurants



1.Central BBQ: the best bbq nachos you will ever have! Amazing sandwiches too! Prefer their midtown location, unless I need to watch a game, then Summer all the way!

2.Huey's: Amazing burgers! I mean, delicious! Great turkey burgers too. Lots of other yummy sandwiches too, and they have fried pickles! Prefer their East Memphis location.

3.Memphis Pizza Cafe: I love their bbq chicken pizza, and also really good calzones! And surprisingly enough, their salads are really delicious too! I prefer their midtown location.

4.Gus's World Famous Friend Chicken: I prefer their downtown location, but they are about to open one in East Memphis. I love their spicy friend chicken! Enough said.

5.Corky's BBQ: if you want a sit down atmosphere this is the place to go. I love their BBQ sandwiches and pecan pie! Great ribs too if that is your thing.

6.Muddy's Bake Shop: The most scrumptious cupcakes you will ever have the pleasure of eating! Really yummy cakes, cookies, etc...and also vegan options that are surprisingly delicious!

7.The Cheesecake Corner: okay, I don't even like cheesecake and I love theirs! They even have this layered brownie cheesecake dessert that is to die for!

8.YoLo Frozen Yogurt: one of those pick your yogurt and pick your topping places. Super yummy.

9.Trolley Stop Market: really yummy restaurant with art and crafty gifts from locals on display to buy, as well as local food to buy. Most ALL of their ingredients are bought locally and super fresh. Their beef is grass fed and delicious. They sell fresh unpasteurized milk too. Yum!

10.Old Venice Pizza Co.: They have really good, unique pizzas, but so much more too. They have lots of yummy italian entrees and some really good salmon.

11.Ciao Bella Memphis: A little pricey but aren't all Italian restaurants. I much prefer this to Olive Garden. AND....this is where hubby and I ate the night he proposed!

12.Celtic Crossing: Irish Pub and I am 1/16 Irish. Really good fish and chips.

13.Soul Fish Cafe: really good fish, amazing veggies!

14.Brother Juniper's: really good omelets and other breakfast items. A little pricey but much better than Denny's or Ihop.

15.Arcade Restaurant: one of the oldest restaurants in Memphis, and a lot of movie scenes have been shot here. Really good breakfast and home cooking!

16.Otherlands Coffee Bar: soon to have the best coffee in Memphis as soon as they start carrying J Brooks Coffee. Really great atmosphere and free WiFi. Also live bands on the weekends.

17. Gibson's Donuts: the best donuts ever! And after 11pm you can get 6 for a dollar.

All of these restaurants are local to Memphis or the region. There are so many delicious local restaurants here that there is really no need to eat at chains. Support local!

What are your favorite restaurants in Memphis?

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from the NP blog party and got caught up in your mouth watering list!!! Wow! I wish I lived closer so I could experience this array of food! Glad to have found your blog. Love the Babywise posts!

    ReplyDelete