Saturday, April 16, 2011

Natural Parenting Blog Party April 15th-30th


thepeacefulhousewife.com.png

I joined up with a Natural Parenting blog party at The Peaceful Housewife and I am looking forward to getting to know more bloggers in the world of natural parenting. Here are some get to know you questions:

1. How many children do you have and how old are they?
I have one daughter who will be one on May 14th...tear, sniffle

2. Do you have a partner or are you single?
I have an amazing husband, Ben, of almost 3 years.

3. What are your "hot button" parenting issues?
I am really passionate about breastfeeding and get really frustrated when women don't even want to try to breastfeed. I want to grab their babies and nurse them myself. :) I also get really frustrated with "professionals" that do not support breastfeeding, i.e. Pediatricians and OB/GYNs. Another issue for me is Babywise or other baby training programs. I prefer to be led by the Spirit, thank you very much. ;) Check out my Why I'm Not Babywise Series for more on this. 

4. Have you made any parenting choices that you didn’t think you would make before you were a parent, i.e. cloth diapering a child when you had previously thought it was disgusting?
I didn't think I would be as "natural" as I am. I didn't think I would care so much about my baby only eating healthy organic food (mainly dirty dozen), and I had no idea I would become a lactivist. 

5. Is there a book or person in particular that has heavily influenced your parenting choices?
My mom. She was AP before she even knew what AP was. Also, Dr. Sears. So thankful I came across this book: The Complete Book of Christian Parenting and Child Care: A Medical and Moral Guide to Raising Happy Healthy Children

6. If you had to describe each of your children using only one word, what word would you use?
Baby girl #1-- Joyful

7.Is there one parenting decision that you regret more than others and wish you could change?
I can't think of anything right now. She is only 11 months, but I do wish I had worn her more from the very beginning. I didn't get my Moby until she was 8 weeks old. 

8. Is there an area of your parenting you wish you were better at?
I don't feel like I stimulate her intellectually enough, and I wish I were more creative in thinking of things to do together. 

9. is there one particular food or type of food that you could eat every day?
Chocolate, and I think i do eat it almost every day

10. Vanilla ice cream or chocolate?
Umm, moose tracks! Does that count?

11. What's your guilty pleasure?
No matter how organic I want to be, I can't seem to give up Chick-Fil-A and some other amazing local restaurants here in Memphis. 

12. If you could be part of any television show, which show would it be?
American Idol. I would be a judge. Hands down this is my choice. I am kinda obsessed with AI.  And if they won't let me on my second choice would be The Office. My husband and I have our own Jim and Pam story that I will get around to blogging about one day soon. 


5 comments:

  1. I am so, so glad that you joined the party! I have been following you for awhile thanks to HippieHousewife, and am enjoying getting to know you better. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I want to grab their babies and nurse them myself." Love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through the blog party. If you love doing activities with your little one check out the book growing wisdom, growing wonder from the library, it is GREAT. It is out of print but most libraries can get it on loan and you can sometimes catch it cheap on Amazon. I love it so much I loaned it out once and the person moved away with it (sniff sniff) so I bought a new copy for myself.
    Cant wait to read more of your blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hopped over from the NP BLog party, I love the word 'joyful' to describe your child; that is just beautiful :) And they do bring SO much joy into our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. clicked over from the blog party. I love your blog - especially your Babywise series. I grew up in Jackson, TN and have family in Memphis - enjoyed reading your favorite restaurants. i love the Rendezvous. I really miss Memphis BBQ. It's just not the same here in NC.

    ReplyDelete